Documentation for 3Amigos Python GitHub Template!¶
A GitHub Template Repository Generated via cookiecutter from 3amigos-py cookiecutter it can be used via the GitHub template. It would be worth looking at the cookiecutter repository. It is a little more complicated but it will provide a better outcome, see that repository for more details.
What 3amigos-py Provides¶
3amigos-py is designed around providing a starting template to work on a python library or application with integration into lots of open source CI pipelines with static code analysis and build checks to ensure a minimum level of testing coverage. It starts with a minimum of 100% coverage but this can be lowered to suit the needs of the application.
- Use pyspelling to check spelling in CI.
- Use flake8 for static code analysis.
- Use bandit for security static analysis.
- Use pylint for static code analysis.
- Use isort for sorting imports.
- Use towncrier for news updates.
- Use dlint for security static analysis.
- Use safety to check package safety.
- Use pytest for unit testing.
- Use pytest-cov to check 100% unit test coverage.
- Use pytest-xdist for test parallelization.
- Use pytest-azurepipelines to publish tests results and coverage to Azure Pipelines Artifacts.
- Use resplendent to spell check reStructuredText in pyspelling.
- Use shellcheck for shell script static analysis.
- Use sphinx for documentation generation.
- Use twine for publishing to PyPI.
- Badge for PyPI
- Badge for ReadTheDocs
- Badge for Azure Pipelines
- Badge for Coveralls
# Contents ========